When it comes to business attire, jeans may not be the first thing that comes to mind. However, if your workplace has a more relaxed dress code, you might have the freedom to wear denim on certain days. But don’t be fooled by the casual nature of jeans – it’s important to maintain a professional appearance in the boardroom, during presentations, and in meetings. So, finding the best men’s jeans for business is essential to strike the perfect balance between comfort and style.
So, what exactly is business casual? It’s a balance between traditional and relaxed attire. Nowadays, men aren’t required to wear a suit and tie to work unless there are important formal meetings or events. Business casual jeans are now acceptable with the right tweaks to the outfit. In this post, we have listed the best jeans for business and some tips on how to show them off on the right occasions.
Whenever you purchase through links on this page we make a small commission from Amazon.com and other affiliate partners. Our ultimate goal is to provide our readers with actionable insights and practical tips that they can use to improve their daily lives. Learn more
5 Best Jeans to Wear for Business
ZLZ Younger-Looking Colorful Comfy Stretch Jeans
Designed with a breathable and sweat-absorbent fabric, ZLZ Comfy Stretch Jeans can bring all-day comfort to any business casual setting. They are made of stretchy materials to ensure unrestricted movement and are well-made with sturdy buttons and zippers. Its best-selling black jeans retain color even after several washes, making it a good addition to your wardrobe.
Lucky Brand 410 Athletic Fit Jean
A perfect blend of comfort and style, Lucky Brand 410 Athletic Fit Jeans feature a mid-rise relaxed fit which provides an appeal without compromising comfort. It is made of 98% cotton and a bit of spandex with a classic 5-pocket and a zipper fly with button closure. These jeans are a must-have for men seeking a relaxed and aesthetic look.
Heyfanee Slim Fit Stretch Jeans
Another super stretch jeans, Heyfanee Slim Fit Stretch Jeans ensures a comfortable fit with its cotton and spandex material. Its butt-lifting features allow it to look more fashionable and confident. Made of high-quality craftsmanship, big pockets, and a smooth zipper, it even makes sure that your phone is well taken care of inside your pocket. Whether it’s a casual Friday at the office or in for a night, these fairly-priced slim-fit jeans provide a balance between functionality and style.
Amazon Essentials Men’s Slim-Fit Stretch Jean
Amazon Essentials Slim-Fit Stretch Jeans are a comfortable pair because of their light-stretch cotton denim and create a modern silhouette as it fit through the hip and thigh and sits below the waist. These jeans feature a zippered fly and a 5-pocket styling, ideal for any business casual or everyday wear.
Wrangler Authentics Slim Fit Straight Leg Jean
Enjoy everyday comfort with Wrangler Authentics Slim Fit Straight Leg Jeans. Perfect for both workdays and weekend night outs, these jeans are slim fit through the seat and thigh and have a breathable cotton-stretch blend. With embroidered back pockets, and a zipper fly button closure, these jeans exemplify Wrangler’s signature style and comfort.
How To Wear Jeans Casually For Business
When the dress code is said to be business casual, you’re good to go with business casual men’s jeans. Learning how to pull it off without looking too simple or overdressed is crucial. With a few important considerations, you can effortlessly rock business casual jeans, maintaining the right combination of fashion and professionalism that makes sure you stand out for all the right reasons.
1. Wear it with a dress shirt
Wearing jeans is more of a casual side, so to make it more professional, pairing it with a dress shirt is the key. Choose one with a little color or pattern instead of a plain white. To know how to wear it casually, here’s a guide to wearing men’s dress shirts.
The choice of whether to tuck or untuck depends on the dress code and your preference. A tucked dress shirt makes your outfit look more elegant and polished. If you prefer to tuck it into the jeans, make sure that it fits well so as not to look like a muffin top. On the other hand, untucked dress shirts allow you to move freely. Aside from making sure that your dress shirt fits well, you also need to be mindful of its length as an untucked shirt tends to show it all.
2. Wear It With Polo Shirt
You can never go wrong with well-fitted dark jeans with a classic polo shirt when it comes to business casual. Just like dress shirts, opt for solid colors or subtle patterns.
You can also tuck in the shirt for a cleaner look or leave it as it is for a more relaxed vibe. Add a little accessory such as a watch for a more elegant style.
3. Wear it with a blazer or sports jacket
You may also freely pair your jeans with a blazer or sports jacket but with a few restrictions. Commonly, the structured cut of the blazer may not fit right with blue jeans compared to a sports jacket. So steer clear of double-breasted blazers as they can hinder the look of casual jeans. To pull off the jeans-and-blazer look effortlessly, opt for darker ones instead of the traditional blue jeans.
4. Wear it with a pair of dress shoes.
Pair your jeans and chosen top with an elegant set of dress shoes. The combination of business casual jeans and dress shoes creates an aesthetic finish, blending a touch of formality and comfort. Wondering which shoes are best to pair with jeans? We’ve listed the best business casual shoes to wear with jeans here.
Business Casual Style Tips for Men
The choice of wearing jeans in a business casual setting depends on how you can pull off your overall look and the appropriate choice of style. Take note that business casual can meant differently in various environments. If you are working in the tech industry, you can opt for laid-back styles and go simple. For industries like sales or finance, it can mean a little step away from being fully formal. To be in the safe zone, here are business casual style tips you should consider:
- Select jeans that are free of any tears, fading, or fraying. Your business casual jeans should be in good condition, clean, and free from any wear and tear. Avoid wearing distressed jeans as this is too casual and looks unprofessional for business casual settings. Save that outfit for other events like concerts or hanging out with friends instead.
- Avoid bright-colored jeans. Dark-colored jeans are an excellent choice for business casual. It is similar to the traditional dress pants or slacks and is more flexible to mix and match compared with light-colored jeans. Pair it with a shirt and a blazer or a simple polo shirt and you’re good to go.
- Avoid jeans with flashy details. Keep your outfit minimal but stylish. Steer clear from glittery jeans, that have rough patches or ones with heavy branding. Choose jeans with subtle design features and logos. For the top, set aside your favorite band t-shirt and go for a plain polo or dress shirt instead.
- A dress shirt is best. A dress shirt is on the business casual side compared to formal shirts. A formal shirt is something that you wear at a wedding or a prom while a dress shirt can be worn at work, during business meetings, or in an interview. Dress shirts can strike a balance between casual gatherings and semi-formal events so you can never go wrong pairing it with the right jeans.
- When in doubt, wear dark. Just like with jeans, wearing darker shades of shirts is better when attending business casual events. Unless there is a theme mentioned, dark-colored jeans is better. Wearing bright-colored shirts can give an obvious contrast with other attendees, which again, can make you feel awkward the entire time.
- Accessorize. Don’t forget to accessorize. Your choice of belt, watch, and other little accessories can go a long way in making your outfit look best. Wearing a belt is a great opportunity to add a professional look to your business casual jeans style and one with an elegant buckle can be your best bet.
The socks that you choose also matter. It will put together the bottom half of your outfit, bringing an appeal to your jeans and shoes. Wear a pair of socks that blend well with your chosen colors. You can opt for two-toned dark striped socks for a combination of playful and elegant look.
No matter the dress code, always choose the look that reflects your personality. The true finishing touch is how you confidently showcase your style. And while dressing accordingly is important, letting your individuality shine becomes the attention-catcher.
Choosing the right shirt, jeans, shoes, and accessories depends on how you adapt to your environment and how you maintain your unique personality. This is especially true when attending significant events such as job interviews or business meetings. Embracing a relaxed approach not only enhances your style but also builds stronger connections with others. After all, it’s not the brand you wear but the subtle yet impactful details that leave a lasting impression on the crowd.